Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I've completed all the blog hop resolutions!

Its been a few days since I've posted anything so this is a long post.  I got busy over this past weekend and finished the remaining resolutions for the Hoppy New Year Blog Hop.  The hop goes until Feb 14, so there is still time to get in on the fun, check it out here.

This first layout was for Cori's Resolution #4, to use a list on your layout.  I knew what list I wanted to use, it was just a matter of figuring it all out.  I made a photo copy of Zack's actual list and reduced it to about 1/4 of it's original size so I could fit it on a layout.The Santa paper is one I picked up at a brand new lss, it is from Creative Imaginations.  I put green paper strips behind the holes as a little accent, and so they would show up better.  Used a leftover piece of Bo Bunny (the green) paper to make the little accent squares which I thought was a fun touch.  Original sketch had a square behind one of the corners, so I just ran with that idea.I cut the title with my Cricut and the Christmas Solutions Cartridge. The snowflake paper is Imaginesce.  Border punch-Martha Stewart Crafts.

 
This next one was one of the most challenging resolutions for me, #13.  For this resolution we were to use cardstock only, no patterned paper.  Since patterned paper is my passion, and I usually use it as a jumping off point for designing my whole layout, I found this to be difficult.  However, once I got started on the layout, it went together pretty easily.  Used punches from Martha Stewart and EK Success for the border strips.  Cut the title with my new Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge (the small words are stickers), and the Santa is from the Very Merry Tags cartridge.  Used my white uniball pen to write the journaling around the side.

 For the "don't open anything new" resolution, #5, I made a card.  Used all scraps from my drawers of paper scraps.  I could make 1000 more cards like this and still have scraps left!  The butterflies were punched with a large Martha Stewart punch.  I inked the edges of the squares to soften them a little and added little rhinestones to each butterfly!  Simple, but I think pretty.

Finally, I made another card as my second project for resolution #15-use teal, yellow and gray/silver, and the word "happy".  On my first project, I didn't use the word happy, somehow I missed that part of the challenge, so I decided to do another project.  Could have used this for either of the previous resolutions as well, because it is all cardstock, and again I used all scraps.  The pattern is stamped directly on the white card.  the title is stamped on ovals I cut with my Big Shot and Spellbinders Nestabilities dies.  Used a new MS punch I bought on clearance at M's for $4.99!  I really didn't need another border punch, but 2 went home with me that day! Ink and stamps from Close to my Heart.

1 comment: