Sunday, October 2, 2011

First October Layout

Here is my first layout completed in October.  I used the SEPT11 sketch from Let's Scrap




The right side is just what I planned.  But for the left side I was going to use a photo of Megan with both sets of her parents, with another photo of all her siblings, but apparently we never took these photos.  There is one with all six parents, but not one with just her dad and his wife with me and my husband.  I also had to "flip" the bride photo so she was flacing the center of the layout as the original faced the opposite way.  I had the photos on the background by Sept 29, but then just couldn't decide on what to do for the flowers/swirls.  I literally have a basket full of green and white flowers and bling I have collected for this album, yet I didn't have anything I thought worked for this layout.  I ended up cutting these with my cricut and the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge along with a few of my favorite flower making punches.  I also had a bit of trouble settling on the title, which I ended up cutting with the Heritage cartridge.  I thought I wanted to use black rhinestone flourishes, but nothing I had worked, and I couldn't find anything locally.  I ended up using these Recollections ones that I cut apart to make the pieces you see.  I finally finished this October 2, so didn't make it in time for the September month long challenge, but I am pleased with the final layout, and am glad I didn't rush to get it done. Thanks for looking.  Many more wedding layout to come.

1 comment:

  1. Love this layout, Beth! I haven't even started my wedding album, but our colors were green and pink and I TOTALLY know what you mean about "collecting" green flowers and still not having what you need. LOL I have baskets overflowing of pink ribbon and flowers for just that...oh and my wedding was 2-1/2 years ago!!! Can't wait to see more wedding LO's, maybe I'll just copy all yours! LOL

    ReplyDelete