Friday, July 9, 2010
Challenge Masters Summer Lovin Contest
I completed this layout for the first challenge at Challenge Master's Summer Lovin contest. The challenge was to make a layout about your most important scrapbook tool using only one picture. Points were assigned for journaling, more points if greater than 50 words; each flower, ribbon, trim, embellishment,; with bonus points for using paint. I enjoyed doing this, it made me streatch a little and do things I normally wouldn't. I added blue paint around the edges of my title letters, which I think gave it a rather nice distressed look, helping it to blend with the rest of the layout. I also used more flowers and ribbon than I otherwise would have. I am pleased with the final layout. But now I need to vent for a minute. After figuring oput how to upload the image at Challenge Masters, I learned that you had to "sign-up" by July 2 in order to participate. I am a slow scrapper. I look at lots of challenges and contests, but only have time to complete a very few. So imagine my dissapointment when the Challenge leader sent me a pm telling me that she couldn't find me on her list, and therefore I was welcome to play along, but would not be given points or be eligible to win. Now, don't get me wrong, I never expected to win, but somehow it just is not the same now. I doubt I will continue. The thing that bothers me most is that there is notheing in the forum post under the Summer Lovin contest that tells you about the need to sign up. I did go back several entries on the challenge Masters blog, and finally did find something about signing up in advance, but if you just click on the forum thread, it appears that the only time requirement is to have the layout completed by July 10. Okay I am done ranting, I will get over it, and I really am pleased with my layout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment