Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Home

I have been so busy with "life" that I haven't had much scrapping time.  In fact, it took me all week to upload the pics I took last weekend.  Mark and i both took Friday off so we could have a 3 day weekend to go up north to our home in East Jordan.  We haven't had much time there lately, and needed to do some stuff.
Here is the list of what we got done:
1. Installed replacement screen door
2. Painted double entry doors (green).
3. Power washed/cleaned small deck
4. Stained small deck.
5. Trimmed all the bushes.
6. Put new mulch in all the beds
7. Mowed "lawn" and drive
8. Trimmed back all trees around perimeter
Not bad for 2 days work.  We even managed to take the kids for a swim in Lake Charlevoix, to the local playground, and out for ice cream.  It sure helps to have a list, and just keep plugging away.  The hardest, and funniest, thing we did was getting the shredded bark mulch.  It was a self-serve yard, and here at home that means they have a loader available to use.  Not in Ellsworth!  Mark and I loaded the 600 lbs. of bark into the pick-up with our hands and 2 small buckets!  When he went back for more, at least he took a pitch fork, which made the job a lot easier.

1 comment: