Here is my latest layout. I am taking a class at My Creative Classroom: Cricut Design Studio 1. I have had the software for more than a year, and hadn't even opened the box. I love the idea of being able to manipulate images to cut with my cricut, but was overwhelmed by the thought of trying to learn the program. I put my new skills to use with this layout.
A group of friends go camping together every August. this year we decided to go horseback riding. Anyway, I was asked to create a layout for the event. Because I will need to make "kits" for each of the others (6-7) I needed to use products that I could get enough of. So, I kept the embellishments to things I could cut with my cricut in multiples. I used my new welding and kerning skills to create the barbed wire borders on the layout. I was able to also use skills learned in the Design Studio class to make my title fit the allotted space. The round horse embellie is simply cut from patterned paper and matted with 2 cardstock circles. Everyone loved it, so now I just have to put all the kits together. Patterned papers: Adornit (Carolee's Creations) Old West Stars; Creative Imaginations: Brown Paisley, Ride On. Old West Cricut Cartridge,
I am looking forward to the next lesson which will be posted in the classroom tomorrow! More Cut the Crazy out of Christmas later today!The sketch used for this layout is from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch Doubles class. If you've never taken one of her classes, I highly recommend them. I will be taking Got Sketch? 106 starting Nov. 1.






No comments:
Post a Comment