Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Sketch at Let's Scrap

It' Wednesday and that means itis time for a new sketch at Let's Scrap:
Here is the layout I did from the left side of the sketch which was posted several weeks ago for DT team application.  A new DT starts this week, and will continue through January.  I am going to continue as a contributing DT member.

I used the tissue paper technique that was featured by Leah Fung in the December 2010 issue of Scrapbooks, etc. I cut 1/2" strips of tissue paper to the length of the area I wanted to embellish.  I layered them 3-4 thick and stitched down the middle directly to my layout.  I clipped the paper every 1/8" or so along each long edge.  I then used my fingers to "fluff" them up.  Came out pretty cute I think. The flowers are ones that my friend Dawn (cantstopscrappin) on scrapbook.com, taught me to make.  Flowers were punched and then embellished with white uniball pen and buttons.  Title cut with cricut cartridge Alphalicious; Martha Stewart border punch. All papers were from my stash. 
Journaling reads: "For Sonya's birthday, Megan gave her a necklace that says "Little sister".  Megan has a matching one that says "Big Sister".  As a special treat, they watched a movie together and slept in the hide-a-bed in the apartment that night."

2 comments:

  1. I love your layout especially the tissue paper borders. Thanks so much for sharing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO, gotoo try that tissue paper technique too.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete