This layout is for the first Book about Me (BAM) challenge at Let's Scrap. The challenge was to do a layout about your name. I used the left side of sketch ls128.
Journaling reads: "In preparing to tell the story of the origins of my name, I called my mother to ask her why they had named me Beth. "I don't know we just liked it" was her response. I then went on to tell her that I thought they had considered naming me "Bess" after one of Dad's Campus School teacher friends, Bess Stinson, whom he had been particularly fond of, but decided against it because they were afraid that I would be nicknamed "Messy Bessie". She asked my dad and he said no they hadn't considered Bess. They wanted short, fairly common names that didn't have nicknames. Hence the reason I am named Beth and not Elizabeth. (This could also explain where the "Messy Bessie" came from). She went on to tell me that her father's mother (my great-grandmother) had been named Elizabeth and that his sister, Aunt Adaline's middle name had been Elizabeth. This, however, had nothing to do with their choice of Beth either. Not much of a story. I thought my version was much more colorful, which is why I decided to include it here anyway. Journaling June 17, 2011 by Beth Ann Koenig, age 47." photo circa 1965
patterned papers- Basic Grey; flower spray-Prima; stamps/ink-CTMH; border punch-Martha Stewart Crafts; label die-Spellbinders Nestabilities labels 4; stencil-The Crafter's Workshop "orchid".
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Your layout is beautiful Beth. I loved ready the story behind your name and the picture is just too cute. Fantastic layout for your Book About Me
ReplyDeleteLovely Beth - had to smile when you said there was nothing exciting about the way your parents chose your name - me too. I love your page and the sketch you used.
ReplyDeleteHello friend! I finally have a few moments to visit my blogging friends and see what I've been missing. Your layouts have been awesome! I also was drooling over the scrap goodies you got for the wedding album. Your dress sounds perfect. I hope all is going well with you and I hope to clear my scrapspace very soon so I can join in the fun! Hugs!
ReplyDelete