Here are my sweethearts! We went looking for a hat for Mark for Father's Day, and found one with a bonus, it came with a shirt! Our "#1 Dad" wore both to have his picture taken with the kids.
For my own father, I made a journaling jar and a journal:
I used a most recent Let's Scrap card sketch for the journal design. I got most of the idea from an article titled "How to make a Journal Jar" here. Basically it is a jar filled with little strips of paper. On each strip of paper there is a question. The instructions are to remove one each day and write your response in the journal. It is a way of stimulating memories and getting a person's life story down on paper. My dad wrote a bit of a history a few years back, but it really just gave me more questions. Now that I am actively working on my Book About Me (BAM), I find myself really interested in the history of my parents, grandparents, etc. Sorry I don't have a pic of Dad and me to post, he is 84 now, and in great shape, hope he doesn't mind working on this. "Inquiring minds want to know!"






That's an awesome idea and a fabulous Father's Day gift. I think I'll steal it. LOL, I really want to join in the BAM for our soon to arrive little one...so much to scrap, so little time. LOL
ReplyDeleteThe jar is a wonderful idea! I have worked on some family history. It is so hard when most of the family has passed on. So the jar is a wonderful idea to answer those questions. Thanks for Hoppin along over at Frosted Designs Blog Hop and leaving a comment on my blog. I am a follower of yours too. :)
ReplyDelete