Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let's Scrap Weekly Sketch

It's Wednesday again, and you know what that means.  Another sketch has been posted at Let's Scrap:

2-29-12
 And here is my take on it:
Disney's Electrical Parade
I had more than 75 photos of this parade (Zack counted them!) and was anxious to scrap them.  It was not as hard as I thought to narrow them down to the best few, as many were not very good. I knew I wanted to use the Fireworks paper from Reminisce, so that was my starting point.  I cut the center rectangle with my favorite cricut cartridge - Art Philosophy, but the yellow frame was just too wide, what to do?  I ended up hand cutting it down to about half of the width it started out, and I am glad I did as I still think the yellow is a bit overpowering.  Both the yellow and the red are glittery cardstock, and the blue is metallic. I put little squares cut from extra photos behind the holes in the scalloped border just for fun.  Using a photo for my title made it so easy!  I usually struggle with adding a title that fits in the space I want.  I added a couple of fireworks stickers from my stash, and done! Thanks for looking.

1 comment: