Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let's Scrap Weekly Sketch

Here is the layout I did for the 4-4-12 sketch at Let's Scrap:


 And here is the sketch:



The layout really did start with the sketch. This is what I ended up with. I started with the row of "quilt" circles.  I planned to use the left side of the sketch and flip it for the right side as I had 2 5"x7" photos I wanted to use.  I wanted to use a scalloped border for my photo mats, and then I got the idea to use more of the quilt circles to make the mats.  As a result, they ended up being fairly large which meant moving the row of circles to the bottom.  There was not much room left for the title, so I was thrilled to find these (old) alpha buttons in my stash that I put in the centers of the row of circles to spell out "family".  I have always loved quilts, and did a lot of quilting before I started scrapbooking. This layout was fun to create because, just like a scrap quilt, I was able to use different patterns, cut them up in little pieces, and put them back into a fun new design.  Hope you like it. 
This layout is another one for Megan's wedding album.  In case you are interested, the photo on the left is my family, and the one on the right  is her father (my ex-husband's) family.  Most of the patterned papers are Kaisercraft Chapter One collection. Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment