Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few one page layouts

Like Father Like Son

This fun layout was made with sketch 216 from Sketch Inspiration. This was last week's sketch.  The prize being offered was the new Beach Bum collection from Fancy Pants.  Because I love this new line, and would love to win it, I decided to give it a whirl.  I got mixed up on when it was due and didn't get it uploaded in time for the contest.  What really makes me mad is that I had it done and photographed in plenty of time, just didn't make the time to upload it  Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!
The layout is made with the Like Father Like Son collection from Fancy Pants.  On this day, my son Zachary kept putting on different clothes until he was satisfied with his outfit.  He even put on boots that are 2 sizes too small so he would look like his Daddy! Zachary chose the rust plaid paper and I chose the rest to go with it.  The title was cut from a striped paper. I cut the star/circle embellishments from one of the patterned papers.  Only one of them was a full circle, so I had to use them creatively to hide the missing edges.  I added a few cardstock circles and rings to complete the design. Thanks for looking.


My Sweet Valentine

The next layout is from a sketch from Sketchbook 3 with Kelly Purkey.  Patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye-State of the Heart collection.  I used chipboard alphas and made the heart embellies by stamping them, cutting them out and adding liquid glass to make them shiny.  Photos are of Sonya on Valentine's Day.


We 4

The last one is for the Memorable Season's Spring blog hop.  You hopped from blog to blog to get all the needed items to complete the layout.  S = sketch, P = patterned papers and photo, R = repurpose (I used a rub on stick), I = inking (the stick and the light blue papers), N = needs embellies, and G = give that layout a title and some journaling.  It was fun to do.  I used papers from Close to my Heart.  The photo is of my 4 kids taken on Zack's 5th birthday last June.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts! Love the one of father and son, all the circles are cool. The one with the valentines is very sweet. On the last one, I love the twine and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love the lo & great circles! What a great story & sweet little to have! tfs:D

    ReplyDelete