Thursday, April 7, 2011

Let's Scrap Wednesday Sketch

Okay, so I am a day late posting this.  Life is pretty hectic at the moment.  I am crazy busy at the office right now, and am exhausted when I finally get a few minutes at home.
Here is this week's sketch which you can find here:
 And here is the layout I created with it:

As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew what I wanted to do with it. I was immediately reminded of a layout that was posted in the forum at Let's Scrap by my friend Anna. You can see it here. I had a bit of a struggle selecting papers, but once I decided on the brown print, the layout went together like a breeze! I love the way the circles on the paper compliment the circle photos. I adjusted the sizes of things so it would all fit nicely on the paper with a frame of circles bordering the whole thing. All papers are from Close to my Heart. Funny, I did another layout  last fall with this paper pack, and it is so very different, you would never guess they were from the same collection:


I'm working on a couple of layouts for Club Got Sketch?, so hopefully I will be back soon to post a few more photos.  Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. I want to repost my LET'S SCRAP comment on your layout here. I was very moved by your ROOM TO CREATE layout--I am still digesting it: "I am so *lifting* this (from both you and Anna) to document moving my scrap space from the second floor to CLOUD 9 (the attic) of my house! I cannot put into words (maybe a first for me) how this layout makes me feel about so many of the creative things in my life. Thanks for having me stop for a moment and be grateful! I have a young Canadian friend who scraps from a suitcase. She must get it out and then return it to its place under her bed each time she scraps. Some of us are so lucky! Did I say I love this layout??? :-)" Your talent reachers further than you know! A hearty thank you!

    ReplyDelete