Thursday, April 14, 2011

This Weeks Let's Scrap Layout plus a kit layout


There is a new sketch posted at Let's Scrap:


 And here is the layout I did based on this week's sketch:

The idea for this layout was "scraplifted" from my dear friend Karien, one of the CDTs over at Let's Scrap.  You can see her layout here.  As always her work is amazing.  I had the same fish paper from 3 Bugs in a Rug's Great Outdoors collection and some fishing pics waiting to be scrapped, so I decided to make my own version.  This sketch actually worked better with my photos.  The fish are all "fussy cut" from the printed paper.  I made the diecuts with my cricut, with a few free hand leaves thrown in.  Love this sketch and will definately use it again.  Thanks Karien for the inspiration!

This layout is one I did with a kit from The Whole Kit n Kaboodle.  It is the only "kit club" that I use.  Their kits by Andrea Deer are beautifully detailed.  Sonya took the photos for me.  The large photo was to be deleted because Zack insisted on getting in it, but it turned out to be the best one of the bunch she took that day, so I decided to use it.  When your photographer is 7 years old, the pics tend to be a bit interesting.  Several had the coffee cup cut off (or my head), and others made my knees look enormous because she has trouble holding the camera level!  Anyway, I am pleased with how it came out.  I am wearing my new scrapbook shirt in the large photo.  It reads: "Mutitasking: the uncanny ability to scrapbook, eat chocolate, and gossip with your girlfriends for long periods of time."  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Beth! I love all the fussy cutting and the super cute fish. The orange border is great.

    ReplyDelete