Before I started working on the Blog Hop Resolutions, I wanted to finish all my Let's Scrap CDT work for January. I actually finished this layout a couple of days ago, but I wasn't happy with the photo I had posted earlier. It is dark when I leave for work in the morning and when I get home at night at this time of the year, hard to get a decent photo. I took this with me to the office and snapped the photo on the floor in front of a window. This sketch was perfect for the pics of my 4 kids with their new ornaments. Years ago I started buying each of the kids a new ornament every year. I have a collection of Santas. Started out with nutcrackers for Luke (who was born in Germany), then angels for Megan, snowmen seemed an easy choice for Sonya. It was a bit more difficult to decide on a theme for Zachary but I decided on gingerbread men. I worried that they might be hard to find, but not at all. I have several already bought for future years that I have picked up here and there, usually after Christmas when everything is on clearance.
Used one of my favorite paper lines, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses for this. I have done several other layouts, and had lots of product left. The green background is Echo Park Christmas Borders (I used the back side). Chipboard Stickers also Basic Grey. The feather trees are cut with a Sizzix die that came with some embossing folders I bought at Joanne that coordinates with the Eskimo Kisses line. I have almost all the matching chipboard stickers, rub-ons etc., but nonthing seemed to work until I remembered that I had that die! I think the little trees add just the right touch. Thanks for looking. Be back soon to post more Blog Hop projects. Have to wait until I can get a decent photo.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment