Monday, January 24, 2011

More Blog Hop Layouts

Resolution #10.  For Megan's resolution, we were to use a "trash" item. something non scrapbook related that you would normally throw away.  I used some corrugated cardboard painted white for the stars and the mat for the journaling block.  It is supposed to resemble the weathered wood of the lighthouse.
We rode our bikes from the campground to the lighthouse at Ludington (MI) State Park last summer. This was the first year for both kids to be without training wheels.  The trail is quite sandy, which makes it a bit of a difficult ride.  They both made it!  The lake was so beautiful this year, that ds couldn't stay out of it.  The photo on the far right is him after "wading" in the water! Patterned papers: DCWV; border punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; alphas: American Crafts Stickers-Sprinkles.

This next layout is for Resolution #2.  We were to use at least 3 of the 5 colors she gave us (black, white, tan, dusty blue, pink).  I used black, white, and blue.  Never would've used the blue background for this layout if not for the challenge, I like how it turned out.  Dd's engagement ring has sapphires in it, so I thought I could incorporate blue into the layout to accentuate the ring.  Then I almost forgot to include the ring picture! Photos were taken at the WMU Bronco Marching band Banquet held at the Kalamazoo Radisson Plaza Hotel Jan 14.  Since they met through band, dd's bf felt this a good occasion to "pop the question".  He even arranged for a couple of people to take pictures.  Makes him a "keeper" in my book!  Heart punches: Martha stewart crafts; Title font: (Cricit) Alphalicious; ring sticker: Jolee's boutique; Large hearts: Spellbinders nested hearts dies.

Finally, this next layout is for Resolution #15.  This was a color challenge to use teal, yellow and gray/silver.  I've had these papers/stickers in my stash for years.  I knew they would be perfect for this challenge!  The hardest part was finding the photos to use as these go back about 5 years!  Papers/stickers: Karen Foster; Title cut with Plantin Schoolbook cartridge; brads and star tags from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment